As a full service insurance agency we offer AUTO, HOME, LIFE, BUSINESS INSURANCE, FARM INSURANCE and almost all other types you may need. We will match your family's need, commercial insurance need, or farm need with the right insurance protection at the best possible price. We specialize in commercial insurance for contractors, small businesses and farms. Ruth's background as a Commercial Underwriter for Nationwide earlier in her career, trained her on what businesses and farmers need to deliver value in coverage and price. We ask about you and your family, your business or farm, we listen to your concerns, and then together we create an insurance safety net that helps you sleep well at night. Let's begin.
Ruth L O'Connors Parsons
Welcome to our Agency!
- Licensed in: GA, SC
- Professional designations: CLU, ChFC, CPCU
- Bio: Ruth is married to Michael Parsons, a USPS retiree. She has two adult children. Her daughter, Erin Barton,is the Agency Operations Manager in the agency. Her son Sean, lives in the Athens area. His wife, Shelly, is a fully licensed agent in the agency.
- Education: BA Degree in History, CLU & ChFC Designations, 9 Graduate and Post-Graduate courses in Insurance Law; Contracts; Property and Liability Insurance; Risk Management; Finance; Ethics; Operations; Rate Making; and Corporate Structures achieving CPCU mark.
- Agent Qualifications: 35 Years - Nationwide Insurance Company; 20 Years - The Parsons Agency, Inc. Former Nationwide Enterprise: Claims Examiner; Senior Commercial Underwriter; Agency Manager; Regional Sales Administration Manager; and Re-Engineering Consultant
- Awards: Champion Award
- Community activities: Member of Classic City Rotary Club; Board Member, Mental Health America of N E Georgia; Community Representative on Clarke County Treatment and Accountability Court Team; Multi year Insurance Chairperson for United Way ; OCAF Sponsor and Bd Member
- Hobbies: Ruth enjoys gardening and horticultural activities, traveling with her spouse, Michael, and playing with her dog, Sgt. Pepper.